Why Should You Consider A Refurbished Stretch Wrapper?
Want to add a stretch wrapper to your manufacturing process, but still looking to save money? Many business owners are turning to pre-owned equipment in the face of economic downturn, looking to cut costs and increase profits.
Once a machine has been taken out of its packaging, that machine can no longer be labeled as “new.” However, if that machine hasn’t gotten much use, other businesses can benefit from purchasing that piece of equipment for a reduced cost. If the used stretch wrapper is well-maintained, it can generate plenty of value. Thus, it’s better to go with a used stretch wrapper that is practically brand new, than one that has been used many times in production.
Purchasing a gently used stretch wrapper can save you can well over half the price of new models. Another benefit from purchasing a “used” stretch wrapper is that often times it’s available immediately, while companies that purchase new stretch wrappers may take months to arrive.
Before purchasing a used stretch wrapper, consider these helpful tips:
- Understand the context of your wrapping environment and decide if a used machine is right for your manufacturing process.
- Request references and contact information. This is a standard rule-of-thumb for any used machinery purchase. If the seller doesn’t supply the information, move on.
- Inspect the used machine first-hand while it is still installed and running product at its original place of business. This allows the vendor to see everything the machine does, what parts it has, and its overall condition.
- Ask if mechanics and electricians test-run the machinery before shipment. If they do, secure a guarantee that the machine is in good working order before it’s shipped.
- Seek information regarding the company’s stability, financial strength and its commitment to the industry in order to determine whether they can be trusted.
- Review the return policy. Look for a solid warranty program that ensures you will receive timely assistance if a machine should have mechanical or electrical issues once in full production.
In the long-run, buying used equipment can be a viable option that may not only save money, but also decrease down time. At Best Packaging, we are a seller of new and used equipment. We’re a company you can rely on to ensure you’re getting the best deal without risking the quality of your packaging. Give us a call at (888) 930 BEST for more information.