The Best Packaging team recently completed a full refurbishment, taking a severely damaged stretch wrapper and restoring it to like-new condition.
This Q300 Turntable Stretch Wrapper arrived at Best Packaging in considerably rough condition. In its previous operation, it had suffered a forklift collision that left the turntable base compromised. Due to a lack of care and preventative maintenance, it developed considerable rust in the structure and key-wear components. The pre-stretch rollers, which are instrumental in creating appropriate stretch elasticity and containment force, were inoperative.
Upon refurbishment, all of Best Packaging’s resale equipment receives a 5-point inspection. This guarantees that our “gold star” machinery has undergone:
- Safety inspection and testing
- Electrical component assessments
- Mechanical assessments
- Pneumatics testing
- Esthetic enhancements (fresh paint, rulers, and labels)
After much hard work and attention to detail, the Q300 is now fully restored and ready to wrap pallets in its new production facility home.
The refurbished machinery market is both economically and environmentally friendly. It allows used equipment to elongate its useful life. Sellers are provided with positive cash flow and purchasers receive cost savings.
You can help Best Packaging recycle idle machinery by contacting us when you’re looking to update or liquidate your inventory.
If you are interested in selling, please contact our sales team at email@example.com.
If you are looking to purchase certified refurbished equipment, please visit our refurbished inventory page.
Imagine you are on a leaky boat. You might search for the massive hole that’s bringing the boat down even though there are smaller holes constantly popping up. By taking care of the larger hole, you’re really only addressing issues in a singular fashion rather than looking at it holistically. The best way to prevent a water leakage is to consider the holistic success and operation. An operator is always going to struggle as problems arise if they only focus on that particular problem. However if you inspect the boat and make sure there aren’t any holes, you’re going to have a better chance at staying afloat.
Stretch wrappers, Case Erectors, Shrink Wrappers, Case Sealers, Strappers, Tapers- you name it, these are all very complex pieces of packaging equipment expected to optimize your production line for efficient packaging processes. If maintained properly, these machines can last years without any problems or breakdowns.
Periodic maintenance is important.
Most companies search for major causes that could be responsible for the problems, yet overlook the minor causes that contribute to the big problem. To ensure that your business model can be upheld in the long run, it’s important to follow up and check on the reliability of your machines. Inspecting your machines can reduce the likelihood of any disastrous maintenance issues that might arise unexpectedly. After all, it’s much easier, less stressful, and less costly to prevent problems than it is to interrupt workflow to repair them. A lack of preventive maintenance is a major cause of downtime, so this is a good opportunity to catch potential problems before they develop into larger issues and make sure your machine is running smoothly.
While your packaging equipment doesn’t require constant care, just a little bit of attention from time to time can go a long way toward avoiding downtime and more costly repairs down the road. So rather than spending money on unexpected repairs, you might want to invest in periodic preventative maintenance program.
At Best Packaging, we service end of line packaging equipment. We perform repairs and PM’s on a variety of different packaging equipment. We provide highly trained, well-qualified employees who are not only concerned with maintaining your machines, but we also seek to maximize the performance. Best Packaging prides ourselves in delivering top notch care to keep you running seamlessly for years to come. Give us a call at (888) 930 BEST to schedule a PM or click here.
Want to add a stretch wrapper to your manufacturing process, but still looking to save money? Many business owners are turning to pre-owned equipment in the face of economic downturn, looking to cut costs and increase profits.
Once a machine has been taken out of its packaging, that machine can no longer be labeled as “new.” However, if that machine hasn’t gotten much use, other businesses can benefit from purchasing that piece of equipment for a reduced cost. If the used stretch wrapper is well-maintained, it can generate plenty of value. Thus, it’s better to go with a used stretch wrapper that is practically brand new, than one that has been used many times in production.
Purchasing a gently used stretch wrapper can save you can well over half the price of new models. Another benefit from purchasing a “used” stretch wrapper is that often times it’s available immediately, while companies that purchase new stretch wrappers may take months to arrive.
Before purchasing a used stretch wrapper, consider these helpful tips:
- Understand the context of your wrapping environment and decide if a used machine is right for your manufacturing process.
- Request references and contact information. This is a standard rule-of-thumb for any used machinery purchase. If the seller doesn’t supply the information, move on.
- Inspect the used machine first-hand while it is still installed and running product at its original place of business. This allows the vendor to see everything the machine does, what parts it has, and its overall condition.
- Ask if mechanics and electricians test-run the machinery before shipment. If they do, secure a guarantee that the machine is in good working order before it’s shipped.
- Seek information regarding the company’s stability, financial strength and its commitment to the industry in order to determine whether they can be trusted.
- Review the return policy. Look for a solid warranty program that ensures you will receive timely assistance if a machine should have mechanical or electrical issues once in full production.
In the long-run, buying used equipment can be a viable option that may not only save money, but also decrease down time. At Best Packaging, we are a seller of new and used equipment. We’re a company you can rely on to ensure you’re getting the best deal without risking the quality of your packaging. Give us a call at (888) 930 BEST for more information.
One of the most common issues we’ve come across is that plants run into trouble when their conveyor belt isn’t aligned properly. A crooked conveyor belt can interrupt the process of transporting product across a plant, ultimately delaying production. Properly aligning a conveyor belt, also known as conveyor belt tracking, can be done in-house by following a few simple steps.
Here are a few factors to watch for.
- The majority of conveyor issues occur when the conveyor belt is either not level or the conveyor bed isn’t square which results in a faulty connection. To check if your conveyor bed is square, simply take measurements of each corner of the bed diagonally. If the measurements aren’t equal, the bed is likely not square. This fault can easily be resolved by acquiring squaring rods from the manufacturer. Attaching squaring rods to the bottom of the conveyor pulls the frame, thus re-aligning the conveyor.
- A common solution- yet poor mistake- to conveyor belt tracking is to manipulate the end pulley. Doing so only contributes to the problem, as any minor adjustments to one concentrated area could be too much. Instead adjust the smaller rollers underneath the unit to help re-align the belt. Another potential explanation for conveyor belt mis-tracking is debris stuck underneath the belt or at the end pulleys. Accumulated debris could raise the area around the pulleys resulting in mis-tracking to either side of the belt.
- Another tip that can help you get your conveyor belt on track is to make sure the belt was factory-cut properly. If a belt is not cut straight, it could cause a bend in the belt, which leads to mis-tracking. To check that your belt is straight, remove the belt and lay it on the floor.
Tracking a conveyor belt can be simpler than you think.
- Undo the bolts closest to the end pulley. Doing so will loosen the smaller rollers, also known as snub roller. The snub rollers are responsible for navigating the conveyor belt.
- Use a rubber hammer to softly pat on the bolts in the direction you want the belt to shift. Knocking on the bolts will cause the snub rollers to move. Repeat this step a few times until the middle of the belt is within a quarter inch of the middle of the end pulley. Longer conveyor systems may require more snub rollers to be adjusted. If so, begin with the rollers near the ends of the conveyor and work towards the middle.
- After the snub rollers are modified and the conveyor belt is aligned, tighten the bolts so the snub rollers remain in its new spot. It’s important not to adjust too much in a single attempt. Little modifications can make a significant difference.
If after following these steps you’re still having trouble, give Best Packaging a call at (888) 930- BEST. We’ll gladly help!
An automated stretch wrapper can often be the bottleneck in a plants production line, especially when it goes down. Such is the case with this month’s repair.
This particular plant has twenty different production lines running 24/7 all feeding into one stretch wrapper- making it imperative that the wrapper runs around the clock without issue. While on site for an unrelated repair, one of the Best Packaging technicians noticed something odd with the conveyor running through the stretch wrapper. After removing some rollers, we were able to get a better look and discovered the drive shaft was sitting crooked and the drive chain was eating into the gearbox. To address this issue, we had parts expedited and were back out for repair shortly after. After taking another look at the problem, we discovered the bearings which support the drive shaft had locked up and were worn almost all the way through the shaft. Had the issue not been spotted by our technician, this would have caused a major production delay for the plant.
Thanks to our technicians, the entire drive assembly was rebuilt and the conveyor is now running good as new. Proof once again that a qualified technician and preventative maintenance can save you from costly down time in the future.
At Best Packaging we maintain and repair some of the most complex packaging lines. Since 1997, we have been consulting, designing, and implementing packaging solutions to offer the best for your operations. In order to deliver our customers the greatest return on their investment, we represent a variety of different brands of end-of-line packaging equipment to ensure we’re matching the right solution for your customer needs.
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ solution.
Rather than discover that a particular solution doesn’t fit your application, our knowledge of numerous brands can help you come up with solutions not conceived by many manufacturers. In order to arrive at the appropriate solution, you need someone who isn’t attached to one brand and won’t force products on you that don’t fit your needs. When seeking assistance from a particular manufacturer, they typically recommend a solution suitable to their business model. You also run the risk of the manufacturer being unqualified to support your operations on a large scale because of the limited knowledge of machinery outside their own. For instance, a common situation we come across is that after a technician makes an initial repair, other machines in the same production line stop running correctly. The reason being is that most manufacturer technicians don’t have the know-how to recalibrate a whole production line. You need someone who’s going to understand the bigger picture. At Best Packaging, we have the expertise to reprogram your entire production line to achieve maximum efficiency. You don’t have to worry if your brand is serviceable. We specialize in a wide range of packaging equipment and can direct you to the solution that will ensure your business improves in material handling, and supply chain performance.
Not all stretch wrappers are created equally.
We only align ourselves with quality brands to make sure we are delivering the best value. It is our goal is to provide you with the high quality service that is going to eliminate failures to make your job not only more productive, but hopefully easier. Most end-of-line equipment brands offer different capabilities in terms of ease, automation, integration, and performance. With our extensive analysis of packaging machinery, we understand the strengths and weaknesses of various equipment. Representing a variety of different brands enables us to match the best systems based on your customer needs and the versatility of the job. For more information on our machinery philosophy, visit bestpackaging.com or contact us at (888) 930 BEST.
At Best Packaging Inc., we work hard to provide you customized solutions that best fit your needs. Last month, we got a call from a customer to reconfigure their plant’s main conveyor line in order to accommodate seven new plastic mold injection machines. With our techs on site, Best Packaging helped install over 100 feet of new conveyor equipment. The conveyor extension was complete with loading stations and pneumatic pop up sections. The Best Packaging technicians also replaced the out-dated stretch wrapper with a state-of-the-art fully automatic Lantech® stretch wrapper integrated into the conveyor. To top it off, we installed a new control panel, two Polychem® strapping machines, and a bar code scanner to notify the system on which pallets to wrap and which to strap. Our technicians are trained on all packaging brands and equipment. Whether you need a consultation on your machines, a Preventative Maintenance program or a reliable emergency service team, be sure to give us a call at (888) 930 BEST.
It’s evident that cases with vertically aligned sides are easier to wrap. Achieving a square case increases the strength of the load, which results in less damage to your product. Non-square cases are more likely to jam during end of line packaging which can lead to problems when preparing your pallet for and during shipment. However, creating a perfectly square case by hand is not as easy as it looks. When erecting cases by hand, it’s difficult to control the consistency of the assembly process. In most instances, automatic erecting and sealing machines turned out to be an effective solution in both the cost and quality of case handling. At Best Packaging, we offer case erectors and a line of random and uniform case sealers at reasonable prices to help increase efficiency.
When failure strikes, will you be ready?
There are so many elements in storing, packing, and delivery that make square cases a crucial component of your operation, it’s wise to be prepared for unexpected downtime. Proper planning and preventative maintenance can result in case erectors/sealers that are true assets, instead of production jams. Best Packaging Inc. provides professional equipment support and preventative maintenance on all end-of-line packaging machines to make sure your case erectors and sealers are delivering the optimal productivity gains. We provide highly trained, well-qualified employees who are not only concerned with maintaining your machines, but we also seek to maximize the performance. For more information or questions on our case erectors and sealers, give us a call at (888) 930 BEST. To schedule a PM, click here.
With an automatic pallet wrapper, most people imagine an integrated system with pallets moving throughout the production line, however, there are also many uses for stand alone automatic wrappers. Stand-alone automatic wrappers wrap pallets without the need for much operator involvement. Typically, the load is placed on the turntable, and then a switch is activated. The film is attached, the load is wrapped, and the film is cut completely automatically. Stand-alone automatics are common in areas of the factory congested with workers, equipment, or where fork truck access is limited. That’s where pallet jacks can become helpful. For the most part they can maneuver in and out of those areas better than a forklift.
A common misconception is that automatic stretch wrappers are only appropriate for high output. Sure automatic stretch wrappers are bigger and faster, but that’s not a defining characteristic. Not every company needs lightning speed or integrated systems capabilities. There are certain instances where companies want to focus on reducing waste in their stretch wrap operations. In that situation such as this, a standalone automatic may be a perfect fit.
In any instance where you want to do more with less, stand-alone automatic stretch wrappers can add efficiencies in your stretch wrapping lines. Give us a call at (888) 930 BEST if you aren’t sure of which type of stretch wrapping wrapper is best for you operations.
It may seem like a good decision to hold off on making a large investment, however future downtime could end up costing you more than you think. If you are experiencing any of this in your wrapping process, it may be a wise decision to make a stretch wrap machine purchase.
- You’re wrapping more than 20 pallets a day. It would probably be in your best interest to get a stretch wrap machine because of the manual labor that is involved with hand wrapping. A large amount of bending and twisting is required in making sure that the entire pallet is wrapped thoroughly. The amount of physical work involved takes a lot of energy that employees will need throughout the day. A stretch wrap machine would not only speed up the process, but also free up the employee to accomplish other tasks while the pallet is being wrapped.
- You’re experiencing load damage because of improper wrapping. In order for stretch film to work properly, it has to be stretched 70-80% of its ultimate stretch. Ultimate stretch is what helps to hold pallet loads in place. When wrapping pallets by hand, it is difficult to consistently reach the amount of required stretch which could potentially lead to products falling over and cost more money.
- Stretch film costs are becoming too high. It is quite uncommon for workers to reach maximum stretch potential. which results in a lot of money being wasted on excess stretch film. However, with a stretch wrap machine, you’re able to boost the stretch rate and eliminate unnecessary extra revolutions of film being applied which could reduce costs.
- You’re having issues with employee safety. An automatic stretch wrapper would keep a forklift operator on the forklift which is could be an important safety advantage. Not to mention, a poorly wrapped pallet can fall over, resulting in damaged goods or injury to a handler. A stretch wrap machine could ensure worker safety by properly wrapping loads in a timely manner.
- You encounter inconsistent output. An operator who wraps pallets with hand wrap stretch film is not able to wrap every load exactly the same way, time and time again. Whereas, a stretch wrap machine consistently wraps pallets in the same way each and every time producing a clean professional finished product. Thus, if you’re looking for your pallet loads to project a professional image, it’s best to consider a stretch wrap machine
Eliminating any one of these justifies purchasing a stretch wrap machine. Let Best Packaging speak with you about a possible purchase and help you decide the right stretch wrap machine for your application by calling us at (888) 930 BEST.
Picture this … It’s 3rd shift and your line goes down. Time is of the essence and to leave it until the morning could impact the bottom line and important shipments. That is where our 20+ years of combined experience and training on all brands and types of machinery can come to the rescue.
When a packaging line becomes faulty or fails, Best Packaging understands the urgency in fixing the problem immediately. That is why we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergency service. While some manufacturers recommend solutions that match their own personal business model, we recognize the BEST solution that fits each customer unique repair needs. If you find yourself in situation where you need one of your packaging machine parts repaired, you can count on our certified technicians to offer you on-site service or step by step instructions so that your staff can safely operate the machine. It is also highly recommended that you keep spare equipment parts on hand just in case. Therefore, Best Packaging works with trusted, reliable packaging equipment manufacturers to access the right parts for you. These are just a few examples of Best Packaging going above and beyond to save our clients time and money.
At Best Packaging, we make it a priority assist you with anything from installation to performance optimization. We offer spare packaging equipment parts and customized maintenance plans that will keep your equipment functioning at top performance levels. For more information on how Best Packaging can help with your packaging equipment repair needs, contact us at (888) 930 BEST
The term ‘If it’s not broken, don’t fix it’ still applies to many industries. However, with preventative maintenance that phrase becomes “If it’s not broken, keep it that way.”
With packaging equipment, there are many common problems that can arise. Therefore, it’s important to establish a proper preventative maintenance program. The purpose of a preventative maintenance program is to provide long term maintenance and quality care in order to avoid any unplanned problems that might arise.
Simple preventive maintenance not only extends the life of your packaging equipment, it keeps money in your pocket for the days ahead. Companies that don’t participate in a preventative maintenance program are essentially waiting for a problem to happen, and this is often a very costly move. A case study performed by The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies shows that PM generates a solid rate of return in terms of risk mitigation and asset protection (Koo 4). In other words, an investment in PM not only pays for itself, but it also produces a huge return on the investment. With PM, efforts are focused on preventing equipment failure rather than responding to emergencies, which has proven to be much cheaper and faster than big repairs.
Without a proper protocol to keep your packaging equipment in good condition , it can be very challenging to run a stable, consistent business. An unexpected failure can result in idle employees, halting the production line, missed deadlines, and long-term damage to their brand. With PM, however, companies are able to recognize problems earlier thereby eliminating the chance of machine breakdowns.
Best Packaging understands the financial impact of a packaging line not running properly or not running at all. Our trained service technicians can assist with your ongoing maintenance requirements to keep your packaging equipment healthy and running at maximum efficiency. We also offer thorough training to make sure your operators are confident running the equipment.
Don’t wait until the entire machine goes down and money is lost while it is out of commission. Prevent major catastrophes by stopping the problem before it starts. Call Best Packaging at (888) 930 BEST or click here to schedule a PM today.