Are you handy? Are you a self-starter? While other kids were stuffing peanut butter in the VCR, were you taking it apart and putting it back together again? If you answered ‘”YES!” to any of these questions, you might be a great fit for our team! Please read the job description below. If this sounds like the job for you, please download an application. Please use either the PDF or the Word document; whichever is easiest for you. When you are finished, you can upload your completed form using the grey section below. Good luck!
As our Field Service Technician you will be responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, and maintenance of various end of line packaging machines and systems. Specific responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and solve operational issues associated with packaging machinery at customer locations.
- Train appropriate personnel in the field and in-house on proper setup, operation, maintenance and repair of packaging equipment.
- Perform mechanical and electrical modifications, including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
- Submit reports on machine and system installations, warranty repairs, overall performance levels, problems, and product improvement or enhancement opportunities to Best Packaging personnel. Submit clear and measurable statements on machine performance and clear punch lists of open issues.
- Identify opportunities to generate additional revenue for Best Packaging through potential sales opportunities at customer sites – parts, equipment, retrofits/upgrades.
- Submit accurate and timely expense and time reports.
- Communicate daily with Technical Service office to ensure that the Technical Resource Planner is aware of delays, expected completion of a job, and other problems or issues that arise. Escalate issues or concerns to Technical Service Manager as necessary.
- Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, and/or other assigned duties at Best Packaging’s facility.
- Build strong customer relationships to help achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Familiarize oneself with all brands of packaging machinery and new technology.
- Interface with Customer Service/Parts, Sales and Marketing in a professional and productive manner.
- At all times represent Best Packaging with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity while interfacing with customers, distributors, and suppliers.
- Some weekend and/or holiday availability may be required.
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- AAS or BS in Mechtronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics is highly desired.
- At least 1 year experience repairing and troubleshooting equipment, machinery, or automobiles.
- Experience repairing and troubleshooting packaging equipment highly desired.
- Basic knowledge of electrical wiring and diagrams required.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and their interaction is required.
- Basic knowledge of packaging/industrial equipment is required.
- Ability to travel locally (70%) and nationally (£10%) are required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- The ability to lift 50-80 pounds regularly is required.
- The ability to safely carry up to 20 pounds on a ladder is required.
- The ability to operate a forklift is required, experience is preferred.
- Allen-Bradley Compact Logix programming capabilities are highly desired.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PanelView HMI programming is highly desired.
- Experience with servo systems, particularly Allen-Bradley, is highly desired.
Job Type: Full-time