If you're a problem solver, Best Packaging is the place for you!
We here at Best Packaging are a team of people who don’t believe in obstacles. When faced with a challenge in life, you can either say “I can’t” or “I got this”. If you fall under the “I got this” category, you’re half way in our door.
Best Packaging continues to reach our goals by employing a team of like-minded individuals. People who rely on each other to get the job done and never too proud to take on any task. If that describes you, then we hope one of the below positions are right for you. If there isn’t a position that fits your experience and skill set, please send your resume for us to keep on file when the right position opens up.
Thanks in advance for your interest in Best Packaging.
As our Field Service Technician you will be responsible for installing, servicing, repairing, and maintenance of various packaging machines and systems. Specific responsibilities include:
– Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and solve operational issues associated with packaging machinery at customer locations.
– Train appropriate personnel in the field and in-house on proper setup, operation, maintenance and repair of packaging equipment.
– Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
– Submit reports on machine and system installations, warranty repairs, overall performance levels, problems, and product improvement or enhancement opportunities to Best Packaging personnel. Submit clear and measurable statements on machine performance, and clear punch lists of open issues.
– Develop opportunities to promote and generate additional revenue for Best Packaging through sales of equipment, parts, services, and retrofits.
– Prospect for future business relationships
– Set up appointments with customers when not on prior scheduled assignments
– Submit accurate and timely expense and time reports.
– Communicate daily with Technical Service office to ensure that the Technical Resource Planner is aware of delays, expected completion of job, and other problems or issues that arise. Escalate issues or concerns to Technical Service Manager as necessary.
– Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, and/or other assigned duties at Best Packaging’s facility.
– Build strong customer relationships to help achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
– Familiarize oneself with all brands of packaging machinery and new technology.
– Interface with Customer Service/Parts, Sales and Marketing in a professional and productive manner.
– At all times represent Best Packaging with highest levels of professionalism and integrity while interfacing with customers, distributors, and suppliers.
– Be available every other weekend, or the next weekend if the prior weekend was not worked. Occasionally on large projects, 2 weekends in a row may be required.
– Minimum of high school diploma and ten years experience repairing and troubleshooting packaging equipment. Experience must include extensive Allen-Bradley PLC, servo, and HMI programming.
– AAS or BS in Mechtronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics is highly desired. Extensive Allen-Bradley PLC training required.
– Solid knowledge of packaging equipment including competitor equipment.
– Travel experience required.
– Solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components and their interaction.
– Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
– Allen-Bradley Compact Logix programming capabilities are highly desired.
– Allen Bradley PanelView HMI programming capabilities are a strong advantage.
– Familiarity with servo systems, particularly Allen-Bradley, is a strong advantage.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org